Sunday 2 September 2012

Mail Art, Olympic Dreams and Other Random Projects

It's Sunday..a day for watching two football matches, two motor races and George Gently.......well, three out of five ain't bad.
Arsenal are playing now..same time as F1...
United kick off at 4p.m.....
Indycar is at 1a.m. this week so won't see it live..
George is on at 8:30p.m.....more views of my beloved N.E....

In the midst of all this I'm going to blog hop, walk Max, do the "i" word (possibly) ,cook Sunday dinner and hopefully craft....who said Sunday was a day of rest?

First I have to say a big thank you to Valerie in Germany...this is the wonderful mail art I received from her last week...



It really cheered me up..as well as being gorgeous!

Now for the Olympics..... these three LOs were made for a challenge on Flying Unicorn:








The photos were scanned and printed from a Times souvenir supplement.
The papers were all freebies...from Simply Homemade, Creativity Magazine or downloads.
Ribbon was bought locally and the titles were either cut on my Cricut or printed on the PC.

And now....especially for Jo......



I made this last night using the kit from QVC....embellies and bow were my individual touches.

I'm going to save the rest of my projects for later in the week.


Saying of the month from my calendar:

"I'm usually gorgeous but today's my day off"

My luck with random number thingies continues...I've won several books for my Kindle recently along with some pretty stash.

I'm also grateful for the pages on FB that alert you to free books for Kindle...I've managed to download about a dozen in the last week alone.

I've also just finished (in physical book form) "Rapture" by Lauren Kate...the fourth and final book in her "Fallen" series....I think it was written for YA but it was a damned good read...and fallen angels make a change from vampires and shape shifters.

I now have a new month of challenges ahead of me ...in the crafty sense ...

The song "Ring me maybe" is apparently the most "spoofed" song ever...even the USA swimming team did a version....

these are my two favourites:

Photo: Hey, I just licked you,
and this is crazy, 
but here’s my belly, 
so rub it maybe? 

We're having fun giving a doggy twist to songs today on Twitter. Join in the conversation using #dogpop.

Thanks go to Deborah Osborne for this beautiful belly picture.

Hey, I just licked you,
And this is crazy,
But, here's my belly,
So rub it maybe?


And this one...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCOC1YwNwZw&sns=fb..is an absolute hoot!

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I think your theme is Olympics, great stuff! Love the quote about day off, too! Valerie

Diane said...

OH WOW Sue you have been busy !! Love the LO's just fab, love your card and love the spoof song....made me smile !!

hugs Diane xx

kiss for Max X

Virginia said...

Oh my Susie, those layouts are utterly amazing and gorgeous - love them!

Loving the goodies you got from QVC recently and you are making gorgeous art with the same - fantastic stuff! Must check out QVC soon haven't been on their for an age!

Can't wait to see what else you've created!

Hugs

Carmen said...

I really LOVE your Olympic pages - so much colour and so striking!

Gorgeous mail art, I can see why it made you smile.

I love the David Bowie Labyrinth homage to that song - it's just a photo of the Goblin King with the words "I just met you and this is crazy but here's my Labyrinth... I stole your baby!" :D :D

Beebeebabs said...

Wow someone have been busy - very nice pages thanks for sharing!!!

Daniella said...

Lovely package of goodies, and fabulous work!! I love the dog and the "spoof"!!!
I've not heard of the fallen angel series. I'd love to hear more about it!!
Have an awesome week!!
xxD

Joanna said...

....and to think I so very nearly missed that C-word card!!!! Thank you for thinking of me, I think ;D

GREAT Olympic LO's - you gonna do one for the Paralympics too (Jonnie Peacock comes to mind.....)?

Lovely goodies from Valerie with super cute Mail Art.

I watched the Youtube clip - hahaha, they're brilliant girls - so pretty and very funny :)

xx