Wednesday 29 August 2012

And now for something completely different......

The last week has seen me challenging myself...yes, I've done some of my usual LOs (saving them for a future post), no, I haven't made any tags (not keen on this month's themes).....what I have been doing is working on canvas panels....four to be precise...

These are for an "Off the Page" challenge on Flying Unicorn.

The theme came about purely by chance...I wanted to try some larger gel medium transfers (the panels are 6ins x 8ins)and I was using "Home Words" 1883/84 as my source material.

The first really nice picture I found led to this..."Autumn"...


The picture was entitled "Autumn Fruits". I used gesso to tone it down and added some Anna Griffin embellishments, some Maple leaf brads and a flower.

Can you guess what the theme is???? 

#2 is...


This one is "Gathering Strawberries in Kent".
The embellishments are K&CO "Brianna" (been in my stash for years) and some strawberries I found on ebay ages ago.

#3 is...


This one is entitled "A Thornless Rose (for Christmas Day)".
Ribbon is by Toga (France) and flowers are Prima  and Wright's.

#4 is...


"An Artist's Spring Study".
The epoxy stickers and most of the other embellies were floating around in my stash (so, no idea who made them). I added a Petaloo willow vine and flowers from Manor House.


I'm hoping to find some small box frames so I can display them.

DH was on holiday last week but we didn't get out and about as planned..the weather was too variable.....we did however get the garden tidied up and we managed to come second in the pub quiz.
We are now officially just "The Ninjas"....the "ginger" was from the guy who started the team and as he no longer attends and none of the rest of us are ginger....well, it was confusing to say the least!

It's nauseous Wednesday again and ,since I only managed three hours sleep, I'm going back to bed!

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

They are gorgeous, I love them. Your stash seems to be filled with a large variety of delights, I think I'll have to come over and check through it! hugs, Valerie

Carmen said...

Hope you managed to get some rest and sleep.

These are gorgeous, like craftattack said, you seem to have a large and eclectic variety of goodies to rummage through :)I saw some nice box frames in Ikea when we were there. Don't think they were that expensive either... can't really remember the price as that's when the Braxton Hicks or whatever it was decided to put in an appearance x

BadPenny said...

ooh they are gorgeous. Not slept well either recently xx

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful - all of them tfs!!!

Virginia said...

Oh they are yum, glad you're finding things completely different to try - hope you aren't feeling too bad today and hopefully you'll have had some sleep.

Hugs

Joanna said...

Well I very nearly missed this post but I'm so glad I caught it in time!

I hope you're feeling better now, poor you :( Your canvases are lovely - it was a great idea to do a gel transfer on each canvas and embellish it according to the season. I particularly like Summertime and the way the flowers and strawberries frame the picture.

Good to hear you've lost the ginger. (!).

xxx