Tuesday 23 November 2010

Friend LO

As promised (even if a day or two late) here's the LO from the class I did on Saturday afternoon.

We used Bazzill cardstock and patterned papers from the "Ebony & Alabaster" collection by the Black Market Paper Society - these papers almost felt like fabric.
We used a variety of punches (Martha Stewart and EK Success) on the corners, to create the frill round the large circle and a border.
We then made Skallanders as embellies - very,very fiddly but they look good!
The originals were simply black and white but I decided to lighten my page by using a purple as close to Pat's trousers as I could get. The ribbon is from the shop at A Maze of Memories where we did the class. Finishing touches - faux stitching and a couple of purple gems. Title was cut on the Cricut.

My Christmas prep seems to have come to a stop (apart from feeding the cake)...my pile of Christmas reading is growing (5 books so far) and I've
 done some internet shopping on the Boots website.
Today five clipboards arrived - I have plans for those but feel I need to make some more cards before I tackle them. :(

Nothing much else to report but the week is young yet!

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely LO! Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't finished Xmas yet!!

Joanna said...

What a lovely LO for your friend - super colour choices.

(Thanks for popping over to my blog; So you're a sequin, sparkle and orange skin kinda girl on a Saturday night are you?! I go for the tantrums and tittle-tattle of X Factor, and that's just the judges!!)

x

Diane said...

Oh WOW Sue !! Your LO is Fabberdo !! Really like it. How on earth did you punch round in a circle ?? Must have a go at this one.

hugs Diane xx

jan said...

wow lovely LO Sue, well done, super pix of Pat too, it was a lovely crafting afternoon, and good to see you and Pat too, and everyone,Jan xx

DGgirl said...

What a gorgeous l/o Susie - I adore those colours. I really must get more enthusiastic about Christmas but it's really not happening for some reason. Have threatened to get OH to do all shopping and see why i get stressed about it!

You'll never guess - my office buddy has bought a Vampire Volvo - same colour and everything - I await a little shot of it when he's less precious (has only had it for three days at moment!!).

Hugs and sparkles.

Gillx

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice layout thanks for sharing!!

Hi it's Maria said...

fab LO sue, love the colours and how you used the punches, well done...

maria xx