Saturday 19 June 2010

A Quick Post


A quick post before I get ready for my "Stashbusting".
I did this LO yesterday after my shopping and whilst half watching Slovenia v USA - I know I have a pile of the "i" word and other things I could have been doing but I was taking no chances...I am going to crop today...no aches and pains (fingers crossed) ..no need to top up on the painkillers..it seems to have worked and a nice hot bath should loosen me up.
The photo is OH and I in 1998 at Busch Gardens. This was sketch #4 for the Birthday Bash on Let's Capture These Sketches. As well as the sketch we had to include s'thing with wings - the butterflies are K&CO die cuts. The stitching was done with Bazzill InStitchz thread (Limeade and Black) but I don't know the details of the papers or other embellies - they are  from  two kits put together by Christina at A Maze of Memories and I had foolishly thrown out the attached details  - well how else could I stroke and drool?lol The cardstock is showing as pale blue here but it's actually more turquoise in real life.

Had I known what the football would be like last night I would have properly watched the afternoon match and would have crafted in the evening instead. Talk about inept. We were waiting to get our England flag from the attic and on display...don't think we'll be bothering now. How to crush a nation's hopes in one easy lesson. Can't blame the fans in the stadium for booing them - it'll have cost them £0000 to get there.

Thank you for all the lovely comments I found waiting on here this morning and Carole...it is good that you make me laugh and Wednesday jokes would be much appreciated!
Sue xx

6 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful layout,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
I admire you for giving the so brilliant web layout to your blog.really it is different form others.
Quick and Easy Shopping

Virginia said...

HI

I love the layout - it's really fresh and vibrant, hope you get loads of crafting done today!

jan said...

beautiful LO Sue, and fab LOs and Max's Woof Album too, good to c u and Pat today too, enjoyed the Stashbusting Day very much, Jan xx

Hi it's Maria said...

lovely LO sue, and so pleased no having to top up the meds for your starbursting session, sparkles..

as for the footy, miss it all apart from the last 10 minutes, as steven was in no hurry in getting to bed that evening...

saying that, it sounds that I had the best deal watching teletubbies, lol...

maria x

Carole said...

Gorgeous layout Sue - I love it when you do America it brings back lovely memories for me - we went in 2006 and I haven't done a single layout yet!!!
I'm thinking of good jokes for you on Wednesdays!
Hugs
Carole xxx